These homemade potato chips go great with sandwiches and also make a great snack.
- 1⅓ lbs. red potatoes
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt to taste
- cooking spray
- Slice potatoes into ⅛” thickness. For thinner potato chips, use a mandolin to cut thin slices. (Check out this blog post on the best and worst mandolines.)
- Toss potato slices in a medium bowl with oil and salt to coat evenly.
- Coat a large microwave-proof plate with cooking spray. Arrange some potato slices in a single layer on the plate.
- Microwave uncovered on high until slices begin to brown. Turn slices over and continue to microwave until they start to crisp and brown around the edges. Check frequently and rearrange slices as needed.
- Transfer chips to another plate and allow to cool completely. They will crisp up more as they cool.
- Repeat process with remaining slices.