Spring is the time of year that is usually associated with cleaning our homes – getting rid of the dust that has accumulated and making everything feel fresh again! Spring is also the perfect time of year to spring clean and rejuvenate your body as well. Even though you should be cleaning your body naturally throughout the year, this is a perfect time to try something new, or pick up on something you may have let go during the winter months.
So what can you do to start spring cleaning your body?
- Buy seasonal fruits and veggies! Even though many fruits and veggies are available year-round in as canned and frozen varieties, Spring is when many fresh fruits and vegetables start becoming available. So what’s in season? Be on the lookout for fresh apricots, artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, mango, oranges, peas, pineapple, spinach, strawberries, and tomatoes.
- Add something new to your diet! How about trying a fruit or vegetable that you don’t normally eat? Farmers markets are a great place to do some taste tasting, as the vendors enjoy giving out samples to visitors. Maybe try some new recipes? Check out my Healthy Simple Recipes Pinterest board, which is constantly being updated with new recipes.
- Plant a garden! Spring is the perfect time of year to start growing a garden. Regardless of the amount of space you have available, there are lots of options available to grow your own food. Here are some tips on how to start an organic garden. I used garden beds similar to these when I started my garden – they are super easy to put together, very durable, and they look great in my backyard!
- Buy a new kitchen gadget! I love kitchen gadgets! What’s so great about them is that it just takes one to enable you to add more variety to your meals and try out some new recipes. Some of my favorite kitchen gadgets are my mandoline, my julienne peeler, and my smoothie maker.
- Get rid of built-up toxins! How can you do this? Exercise is one great way to cleanse your body of built-up toxins – the cleansing process occurs as you are sweating, which is when the toxins come out. Drinking water is another way to cleanse your system – this can contribute to clearer skin, properly functioning organs, and a more effective circulatory, respiratory, and digestive system.